About us and the opportunity
Zubi Group is focused on solving social and environmental challenges creating and investing in companies, across a set of diverse themes like climate change, circular economy, social inclusion, sustainable communities or education. The Group is family owned and acts as an operating group next to the family foundation’s philanthropic initiatives.
Zubi Capital is the investment arm of Zubi Group. As a Global Impact Investment Manager, we are currently creating an exclusive vehicle focusing on Diabetes Type 1 (DT1) and the improvement of life for people with DT1 from a broad perspective.
The vehicle will invest widely, from biotech, devices, treatments to technology, digital health or foodtech, in solutions that directly or indirectly could eventually contribute to DT1 patients´ wellbeing. The strategy will be executed mostly via direct investing plus a minor allocation through FoF. The vehicle already counts with seed capital, hence, you can start deploying it right away. We are looking for an investment director to lead this diabetes vehicle.
- You will provide thought leadership and top-down research and investment thesis around DT1 and adjacent fields that could contribute to solutions for DT1 patients.
- You’ll be responsible for analyzing and assessing potential investment opportunities, pre-deal diligence, and then, supporting deal execution to generate additionally through the deployment of catalytic capital.
- Lead company-level research in select biotech and med-tech companies (e.g., desktop research, management interviews, medical and scientific conferences, and financial analysis)
- Build and maintain financial models
- Broadly support the companies to help them achieve their impact and financial goals, as a function of their specific stage and needs. For instance, you could connect them with potential advisors, new team members, partners or funds.
- Establish relationships with leading academic, government, and industry partners.
- Expand partnerships with leading Venture Capitalists, Angel investors, industry partners, law firms, banks, staffing firms, accounting firms, etc.
- Fundraising to add additional DT1 motivated LPs.
- You will also work with the family foundations supporting grant strategy around DT1, and other external foundations focused on the field.
- 5+ years of Biotech investing experience or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: biotech/healthcare (regulated product) work experience, training, education/academia, R&D research.
- Relevant business, venture capital, entrepreneurial, or startup experience related to the biotech industry. Expertise in digital Health, Medtech, and/or Diabetes is a plus.
- Ph.D. in the biomedical field or MD degree is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience in taking conceptual research through the development of a viable product for commercialization.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation in English and Spanish.
- Have a relevant network of VCs, Angel Investors, entrepreneurs, and executives at different companies across EMEA and the US.
- Dedicate your energy, talent and time together with an innovative and open-minded team to improving people’s life, and in particular people with DT1.
- A great work environment, which is flexible, dynamic, empowering and where people have priority over numbers.
- Organize your time and work environment.
- Competitive base compensation and upside.
- In summary, to have you join our family of dreamers and Changemakers!
Zubi Group is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or marital status.